Dieticians might recommend plenty of healthy whole grains and low-fat products (maybe even "good fats" from plants if they're progressive), but my dog, Molly, knows better. Like me, she follows a low-carb diet of mostly meat, eggs and fibrous vegetables, along with vitamins. At her vet visit this weekend, she was down three pounds (though still a little chubby) and had clean, healthy teeth. The vet said she sees a lot of slimy teeth--but not on Molly. Molly's wisdom:
- Vegetables are fine for a snack, but meat and eggs are best for a meal.
- Food is supposed to be enjoyed!
- Brush your teeth and avoid sweet and starchy foods. I'm looking at you, paleo bro.
- Have a weekly treat.
- Get some exercise, but don't strain yourself. Get off the treadmill when you're tired of it.
- Sleep when you're tired.
- The right vitamins will make you feel good.
- Ignore yappy little dogs.
- Eat real food, mostly animals, but not too much.