Skip to main content

I Can't Give up my Carbs!

If you're having trouble feeling well on a low-carb diet, read a book like The New Atkins for a New You or The Art and Science of Low Carbohydrate Living to do some troubleshooting. Eat some fat and salt, avoid polyunsaturated fat, and take a magnesium pill in the meantime.

If you're having trouble finding low-carb food, stock your home with it, take it with you for lunch, and don't leave the house hungry unless you know for a fact that there's low carb food where you're going.

If you don't know how to prepare low-carb food, get a recipe book by Dana Carpender.

But if it's just too yummy or if everybody else is eating it or you deserve a treat or it reminds you of happier times or all the experts still don't agree...

You can make all the excuses you want, but you're the one who decided how to live your life. -Mugen, Samurai Champloo

There's something sexy about defiant people who face reality with courage and skill instead of delusions and excuses. And who says there's nothing good on TV? Image from images4.fanpop.com.

Comments

Love the quote you've used here "You can make all the excuses you want, but you're the one who decided how to live your life. -Mugen, Samurai Champloo"

With it almost here - have a great weekend

All the best Jan
Hi Lori - I've just seen this thought and thought I'd share it:-

" In this modern time, we all try to add years to life instead of adding life to the years we have. Don't hesitate to make changes in your life in order to live life to the fullest!"
Written in 2008 by Koik Boon Tatt

Like that .......

All the best Jan
Larcana said…
So true! I hear this all the time...BUT BUT BUT!
I stop talking to these people. They still look at me and sigh I wish I had your willpower. It ain't willpower baby it's preparation and planning.
Lori Miller said…
I like both quotes about adding life to your years and preparation and planning. Both true!
tess said…
A-FRACKING-MEN!

I euphemism'd because i'm tired of getting in trouble for being forthright.... ;-)

having just finished rereading Strong Medicine, i'm in one of those "just do it" moods, with impatience for those who WON'T
commit to doing what they know they should. as you say, they make excuses right-and-left, and nothing gets accomplished.
Lori Miller said…
It's tiring being around people make excuses and say they can't when they mean they won't. But just watching people "just do it" is satisfying.

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...