Skip to main content

Fibromyalgia Sufferers: Dr. Seignalet's Book is Now in English

Some years ago, I wrote a blog post on fibromyalgia relief. I don't suffer from it myself, but hoped a friend could benefit from it. The post referenced a book by Dr. Jean Seignalet, who recommended a mostly raw, mostly paleo diet. Really--don't knock steak tartar and a salad on a hot summer day until you've tried it.

Anyway, Dr. Seignalet's book has been translated into English and it's available on Kindle for only $2.99. The description says you can prevent and reverse 100 diseases "the French way." I haven't read it, but will get it to see if I can avoid ENT infections. (If anything like the Spanish flu ever made a comeback, I'm sure it would kill me. Three dollars and a few hours seems like a reasonable investment to avoid that outcome.)

Comments

Thanks for this news, and like you I do not suffer, BUT it may well help other sufferers to have the opportunity of looking at this book.

All the best Jan
tess said…
ooh, thanks, Lori!
valerie said…
I've read parts of the French version a few years ago in a bookstore. It was definitely to quackish for me. He says eating grains "clogs" your organs and cooking food turns nutrients into toxins... Or something like that.

From memory, Seignalet doesn't give any actual mechanism by which problems occur or get solved. It was all about "unclogging" and "detoxing". No thanks.

If you find something useful, by all means, blog about it. I would like to know. (Hey, maybe I just happened to read only the weakest part of the book.) But I would suggest you keep your expectations low. :(
Lori Miller said…
Cooking can make some nutrients end up in the drippings or boiling water. And charred meat isn't supposed to be good for you, though I don't know if they've shown that in live humans--I suspect we've been eating charred meat as long as we've been cooking.

I don't know about organs, but eating wheat really clogs my sinuses.
Lori Miller said…
Forgot to add that overheating fats (especially vegetable oils) can oxidize them and make them harmful.
Unknown said…
Hi,

I'm the translator of the book written by Dr. Seignalet's daughters, one of whom is a doctor. The book is called "How to prevent and reverse 100 diseases the new French way with Dr. Seignalet's diet miracle."

http://www.amazon.co.uk/prevent-reverse-diseases-Seignalets-miracle/dp/150318496X/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1440929098&sr=1-1&keywords=seignalet

I feel I have to correct Valerie's terrible misconceptions. Dr. Seignalet's orginal book was 700 pages with dozens of his own diagrams and illustrations and an index of hundreds of research papers, his own and those of others. You obviously speak French Valerie. What a pity that you dismissed the book after skimming a few pages in a bookshop. If, instead, you had bought the book and read it properly (not an easy read for non scientists and doctors), I am sure that you would have realised that Dr. Seignalet was the very opposite of a quack. Really!

Fibromyalgia results (patients treated over a period of 20 years)

80 Fibromyalgia patients treated, 58 complete remissions, 10 x 80/90% improvements, 4 x 50% improvements, 8 failures. And yes, Fibromyalgia falls into his "clogging disease" category.

Cheers Chris

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...