Skip to main content

Monoclonal Antibody Pause

With the emergence of the Omicron variant, the federal government has "paused" distribution of Regeneron, since it doesn't work as well against Omicron. But there's still a lot of delta out there (it's 99% of cases here in Indiana) and some places are running out of monoclonal antibodies, and the federal government is actively preventing states from getting them. In the US, call 211 if you're a candidate for monoclonal antibodies (COVID positive, mild to moderate symptoms within ten days of onset, and at high risk for progression of the illness). They might still have some where you live.

If you're ivermectin-curious, now is the time to order some since many hospitals and pharmacists are actively preventing patients from getting it even when it's prescribed. I'm not a medical professional, and I don't know for a fact that it works on COVID. But there's little else available for early treatment, it does have anti-viral properties in the lab and mechanisms that could very possibly neutralize COVID, and it has a long safety record. 

Whatever you do, keep minimizing your risk factors: take your vitamin D, maintain normal blood sugar, do your best to lose excess weight. I'm getting on the scale every day. Avoid crowds and get some fresh air. Joining a crowd of people to get a test when you don't have any symptoms doesn't make any sense, nor does running to the emergency room just because you have a positive test. Stay calm and avoid exposure to sick people.

The good news is that the Omicron variant is far milder than delta; some have even called it a live attenuated vaccine. From what I saw on TV news when I was in Cleveland (I don't watch it at home), the vaccine reduced risk of Omicron for ten weeks. Data from South Africa, Denmark and the UK actually look like vaccination makes you more likely to get COVID after that. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Did I get Floxxed by Antibiotics? Achilles Tendonitis Pain!

The past few months have found me shuffling out of bed in the morning with stiff, painful achilles tendons. I've never experience anything like it, even when I was lindy hopping a couple of nights a week for twelve years.  I also started getting muscle strain last spring after doing normal chores around the house and yard--so much so that I added a chiropractor's YouTube channel to my feed on this site. I have muscle pain in my lower back and sternum that have improved but haven't gone away despite going to a chiropractor IRL.  Be careful of medicines, even if they're topical. Photo from Pexels . All of this happened after taking Cipro antibiotic drops for an eye infection . Cipro is a fluoroquinolone (a type of antibiotic) with a black box warning about tendonitis and tendon rupture, and another warning about "mental health side effects and serious blood sugar disturbances," according to the FDA. The side effects involving tendons, muscles, joints, nerves an

How to block a member on the Inner Circle Forum

If you're a member of Dr. Davis's Inner Circle site and you use the forum, you can block a member so you don't see most of their posts, but the process isn't very intuitive. Here's how. Thread on blocking a member:  https://innercircle.drdavisinfinitehealth.com/forum/topics.aspx?ID=3092

Totalfat: Encouragement!

Japan, of all places, has given the world a band called Totalfat. I don't know the story behind their name, but one of their songs ("Place to Try") should be encouraging to someone fighting the well-meaning meddling of people trying to get them to eat lessfat. Even if you don't speak Japanese, the song should encourage you to eat morefat. English translation from naruto.wikia.com: I'm almost at the end My legs are ready to give, but I can't give up yet Now is the time to go Together we will pave, the path towards our dreams They call me, beckon me closer It's not crazy Fight and fight, try and try for you Forever I will always be there Don't give up, not yet The future is waiting for us There's nothing to fear so let's get moving This is a place to try Today is ending and we're heading for tomorrow Take my hand and never let go Let's sing loudly We are the ones for the future

Generation X Led the Way out of the Pandemic

I keep seeing riled-up Gen Xers on YouTube. You'd better watch out, because Gen X (born between 1965 and 1980) is tough--so tough that some of us looked after ourselves home alone after school, played unsupervised and drank out of hoses when we were kids. The riled-up ones on YouTube might send some very mean tweets. Screen shot from The Goonies. They're late to the party. It was mostly other Gen-Xers who were riled up four years ago, leading the way against lockdowns and forced vaccinations: Alex Berenson (investigative journalist who successfully sued Twitter), Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying ( professors in exile  previously pursued by baseball bat wielding goons at Evergreen), Jay Bhattacharya and Sunetra Gupta (co-authors of The Great Barrington Declaration ), Aseem Malhotra (cardiologist who took the shot, then started campaigning to end the shots after his father died suddenly of a heart attack after  his  shot), Ron De Santis and Kristi Noem (governors of Florida and

Other People's Money

They say it isn't easy getting old. Neither is being the child of someone who is. Back in November, someone walked into a branch of US Bank, where my parents have an account, and opened a credit card in my father's name. After dealing with some confused and unhelpful employees, we got the credit card canceled. Last week, a better US Bank employee cancelled and reversed several charges made by a well-known scam company, and the other day, Mom got another call from Lifelock saying that someone was taking money from her US Bank account. Enough. As much trouble as it was, on Saturday I took Mom to my credit union, where they're buggo on security, to open a new checking account. I knew it would be a hassle to change all the bill pay info and direct deposits, but just getting there and opening an account was a lot of trouble. Good thing I decided to start at 9 AM. I put Mom's wheelchair in the trunk of her car. It wouldn't start. I moved the wheelchair to my car, d