Skip to main content

Court Strikes Down Vax Requirement for Federal Contractors

Yes--it's almost 2023, people have stopped pretending the shots stop transmission, COVID is basically a cold now, the list of acknowledged side effects is growing and yet we're still fighting COVID shot mandates.

The states of Louisiana, Mississippi and Indiana filed suit against President Biden regarding his executive order for federal contractors to get a COVID shot. An email today from Indiana's attorney general says,

Attorney General Todd Rokita has prevailed in yet another legal fight against President Joe Biden’s executive overreach in the form of draconian COVID vaccine mandates.

This time, in a lawsuit filed by Indiana and two other plaintiff states, a U.S. appeals court has struck down a rule requiring vaccination for anyone working for federal contractors.

“Hoosiers and all Americans should have the liberty to make their own decisions on whether to get vaccinated,” Attorney General Rokita said. “That includes individuals who happen to work as federal contractors. No one should have to fear losing their jobs just because they opt against getting a shot.”

In affirming a district court’s injunction, the appeals court observed that President Biden’s use of the federal Procurement Act to claim executive power to impose the mandate on third-party contractors is “truly unprecedented.”

Previously, Attorney General Rokita has also prevailed in cases involving 1) Biden’s Occupational Safety and Health Administration vaccine mandate, which would have applied to anyone working for a company employing 100 or more people and 2) Biden’s Head Start mandate, which would have required all staff and volunteers in Head Start preschool programs to be masked and vaccinated — and even required masks on children ages 2 and older.


(emphasis added)

Reuters says, "The U.S. government has contracts with thousands of companies, and courts have said the issue could affect up to 20% of U.S. workers."


The case is at the link below.

Louisiana v. Biden.pdf

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...