Skip to main content

A New Motivation to Stay Fit

Have you shopped for women's clothes lately? Everything either fits like a trash bag with arm holes or looks like what a stripper would wear. Over the past week, I've sent back half a dozen blouses that were low cut, fit like a sausage casing, or were see-through. Even though they were from an upscale store, they looked trashier than any top I've seen on hookers in Indianapolis.

I finally found some nice blouses by Liz Claiborne at JC Penney, of all places, and some nice t-shirts I can wear under sweaters or blazers at Land's End. (The U-neck jersey t-shirts are $8 there if you want to stock up.) Another one came from Amazon--it's a brand that's also at Target. 

Now that I finally have some nice tops, after weeks of searching, I don't want to outgrow them. I don't want to look flabby in them, either, since some of them are form fitting. To that end, I'm continuing working out a few times a week keeping nuts and dairy to condiment levels. 

My new favorite workouts are by YouTubers called Juice and Toya. Their body weight and dumbbell workouts for beginners challenge me just enough and don't make me feel like I kinked something the next day. 

Even with more exercise, cleaning up my diet, and taking more iodine, I haven't lost weight, but my face is less puffy and I have more energy. I look firmer. I listen to music to put me in the mood to exercise.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...