Skip to main content

MORE Black Friday/Cyber Monday Deals

Maybe you've heard that Black Friday deals are nothing but a come-on this year. There may be some fake deals out there--there always have been. But I saved about $115 on supplements, groceries, vegetable seeds, and...primer. 

  • $42.78 at iHerb.com
  • over $10 at Vitacost
  • $4.70 on Burpee vegetable seeds
  • $45 on a free bottle of Ideal Immunity probiotics 
  • $12.50 on a gallon of Kilz primer at Ace Hardware

I posted a link to my previous post at the Inner Circle, and some of the members added links to even more great deals. Thank you, members natural1 and saukriver!

ANOVA Sous vides are on sale for up to 60% off. I've never used a sous vide, but some people use them to make yogurt (among other things). 

This one by Inkbird is 31% off on Ebay, and it's apparently quieter than the Anova.

A small Kitchen Aid food chopper is on sale for $45. 

A larger Cuisinart food processor with slicing and shredding blades is on sale for $100 at Macy's and Amazon--the same price I paid for one 12 years ago, and it even comes with a second bowl now. Mine is still going.

Biotiquest (makers of Sugar Shift, Ideal Immunity, Heart Centered, Simple Slumber and Antibiotic Antidote probiotics) has a buy 2, get 1 free sale on all probiotics. Most of these contain B. subtilis DE111, the latest probiotic in the Dr. Davis arsenal. I ferment Ideal Immunity in shredded apples (combined with other ingredients). 

Ulta Labs has 22% off all labs, and 50% off some labs including thyroid.

OmegaQuant, which tests the amount of EPA and DHA (omega-3) in your blood, is offering 20% off.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...