Skip to main content

Dr. Prasad: Useless Cowards Shirked Duties

Professor of Medicine Vinay Prasad has had enough of "useless fucking cowards." Normally measured and thoughtful in his YouTube videos, he lays out his contempt for cowards and careerists who didn't try to protect kids (and everyone else) from disastrous policies during the pandemic.

Dr. Prasad carried out his duties in person at the county hospital throughout the pandemic. He carefully examined the evidence for masking children, injecting children with COVID "vaccines," closing schools, boosters for all, and Paxlovid in the vaccinated, and came out mostly or entirely against them. He says it hasn't helped his career or made him many friends--but it was his duty as a doctor and professor.

Dr. Prasad says duty has fallen out of favor; I say it's courage that's lacking. You don't need to be charged with a duty to take the initiative to do some good. Without courage, you can't carry out your initiatives or duties when they're unpopular. He hints at courage at the end of his inspiring post:

So whenever I hear about people who had a duty to do something. Something important. And they just sat idly by, scared for their own safety, like useless fucking cowards, while bad things happened, especially to children, I have no respect for them, struggle to understand how they could do such a thing. No, I actually loathe such people, and I'm sickened by them. Useless fucking cowards.

We need more people who understand duty in this world and less people looking out for their own useless selves. If you don't have a sense of duty, don't talk to me. If you won't sacrifice anything—even everything— for something more important than yourself, I don't want to hear your voice or see your face. Our culture is missing a sense of duty, and the harms are incredible.

Read the whole thing here.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...