Skip to main content

Gridlock at Ottawa, Alberta Border


A lot of Americans buy medications from Canada since it can be cheaper out-of-pocket than buying it with health insurance in the US. You might re-order early if you're one of them. I don't know whether the protest will affect delivery, but it can only make it worse. And the protestors are not going away.

The US-Canada border crossing at Coutts, Alberta / Sweet Grass, Montana is gridlocked with hundred of trucks in an anti-mandate protest, bottlenecking the road to one lane. Back east, hundreds of trucks are still parked and honking in Ottawa as shown above. 

Truckers in the Canada convoys say they're staying put until all the country's COVID mandates are lifted. They have over $8 million in funds, their own lawyers, and in many cases, beds and mini-fridges in their trucks. Locals are bringing them food and tow truck drivers are refusing police requests to tow the trucks. Convoy leaders say they have the resources to settle in for four years. 

Meanwhile, Canada's prime minister is tweeting pieties about multiculturalism.

Protest leaders banned the Toronto Star and other mainstream media outlets from their press conference a few days ago. Some of the outlets have trotted out the usual accusations of racism and hate (which I couldn't find a shred of evidence of on Twitter) and the Star published a cartoon calling the truckers fascists. A few months ago, they published a cover wishing death on the unvaccinated. Freedom is slavery and hate is love, eh? 

Rebel News has reporters at the protests--even the one in Canberra, Australia. They're clearly pro-convoy, but if you want to keep up with news of the protests, they'll probably be the first to report it. 

Photo by Max Girouard. Any inquiries can be made through boreaphotos@gmail.com.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...