Skip to main content

I'm Taking Ivermectin while Awaiting COVID Test Results; My Chicken Soup Recipe

It hit me Sunday night. After feeling tired and a little congested for a few days, I went to bed with a sore throat. Monday, I called in sick. The next day, I took a COVID test at a CVS drive through, worked from home and decided to go to bed early. But that day, I saw this video on Pfizer's new antiviral pill. I'd seen some videos from this YouTuber, John Campbell, before--he's pretty gung-ho on COVID vaccines. So I was surprised to see him talking up ivermectin, and I'm even more surprised it's still on YouTube: he describes how ivermectin does exactly the same thing the new Pfizer antiviral pill does, plus inhibit COVID in five other ways. It looks like the new drug is "Pfizermectin," an antiviral without ivermectin's long safety record or low price.


I had some ivermectin, purchased when I was enthusiastic about the stuff after watching episodes of the Dark Horse Podcast with Bret Weinstein and Heather Heying. First, I made sure I could get more if it turned out I didn't have COVID. Then I calculated a dose based on FLCCC's protocol for the delta variant; after doing such calculations every day for four and a half years in engineering school, I'm pretty good at it. I took enough for 250 pounds worth of horse (as stated on the package).* I regret to say it doesn't taste like apples.

But I immediately started feeling better. I was still very tired, but felt like I was improving. Today, I feel like I cut four or five days off my cold. To be clear, it never felt like a severe cold and I didn't even have a fever, but I feel like I'm going to be all better tomorrow or the day after. My only remaining symptom is a runny nose. The only other things I've taken are cough drops and Mucinex.

Well, I did make some chicken soup. Here's my recipe.




1 T butter
2 chopped carrots
2 stalks celery, chopped
1 clove garlic, sliced
5 button mushrooms, sliced
1/4 cup white wine
2 cups chicken broth
1/2 cooked chicken breast, cut into small pieces
1/2 cup shirataki noodles
2 T fresh parsley (or 2 t dried)
Salt & pepper to taste

In a medium-sized pot, melt the butter over medium heat. Add carrots, celery and garlic and cook until tender. Add the mushrooms and cook for a few minutes. Pour in the wine and cook until it's reduced by half. Stir in the chicken breast, broth, parsley and noodles and cook for a few minutes until they're hot. Add salt and pepper to taste.

*Please note I'm not a medical professional, and the right dose for me might not be the right dose for you. DO NOT give horse ivermectin to dogs. 

Comments

Hope you feel better soon ...

Your soup looks and sounds delicious, thanks for sharing your recipe.

All the best Jan
Lori Miller said…
Thanks, Jan.

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...