Skip to main content

Medical Articles, Bank Accounts Getting Canceled

Preprint Servers Reject CDC Criticism

If you're doing your own research on MedRxiv or SSRN, they're rejecting articles critical of CDC policies. 




In another tweet, Dr. Prasad added, "We analyzed every preprint to come out of my lab at UCSF @vkprasadlab What it reveals is that the servers routinely reject papers that are critical of CDC and Biden Policy They also rejected our analysis of the servers. 

"Odd behavior."

The analysis, along with a paper on the re-analysis of the Boston school mask study, is now on a physics server. You can still find at least one of the articles through Google and Google Scholar. And please tell me you're not doing your own COVID research on Facebook. 

Literally banned on Facebook.


Chasing Off the Customers

Of all the wacky things Dr. Joe Mercola is involved in--homeopathy, 5G, ginger for diabetes, etc.--this might be the wackiest. Chase Bank abruptly canceled not only Dr. Mercola's account, but the accounts of his employees and their family members. He says Chase's only explanation was "unexpected activity" on an unspecified account.

Chase Bank has abruptly closed bank accounts of religious organizations, Bitcoin bros, and others who had no apparent link to any of those things. In once case, Chase seized $48,000 from an Arizona couple and didn't return it until they sued. 

If you bank at Chase, it might be time to get a new bank. After hearing about the Arizona couple, I closed my Chase Amazon credit card and got a card at an institution that seems to stay out of the culture wars.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...