Much to be Thankful For
It's been four years last week since I
escaped moved from Denver and ten years ago this month that I started this blog. I have much to be thankful for:
- My health is a lot better than it was last year. My digestion, energy, palpitations, and mood are better, even if I feel like I still have a ways to go.
- A nice Thanksgiving meal with good company. My meetup group went to Bob Evans and we talked about Day of the Dead, health care, the economy, and I don't remember what else. I was bad--I had eggs benedict with biscuits since I don't like Thanksgiving fare--but felt fine. I'm not going to make a habit of getting glutened, though. I haven't forgotten how sick I was ten years ago, and how much a gluten-free diet helped.
- I live in Indiana, where I can get lab tests without a permission slip from a doctor.
- I live in Indiana, where raising a vegetable garden is easy.
- I live in Indiana, where so many beautiful plants grow so well that I'm having a hard time planning my shade garden. (But I miss the lilacs, roses and California poppies I grew in Denver.) I'm going for a Piet Oudolf look, but for under the maple tree.