Skip to main content

Ivermectin for my Cold: How it Went

Disclaimer: please note I'm not a medical professional. 

Last week I took ivermectin for what turned out to be a cold. I'd been feeling tired and had a little congestion, but didn't feel sick until Monday morning. I took a COVID test Tuesday (the soonest I could get one), and Tuesday evening started taking ivermectin. 

I immediately felt better. Maybe there was a placebo effect; maybe it really started working that fast. Still, I got very tired early in the evening Tuesday and Wednesday, which is unusual for me, and had a runny nose. But the mildly miserable feeling you get when you're fighting a cold was gone. I am still coughing, but it's a dry, itchy cough. The only other cold remedies I took were a few doses of Mucinex and lots of cough drops. I felt well enough yesterday to go out in the cold and plant some fountain grass. I'd have planted the 15 coral bell plants I bought on sale, but it got dark. Today has been snowy and windy. 

The ivermectin affected my vision. It was like looking through a black screen--not exactly, but that's the best way I can describe it. Or like when you've been in the sun too long. I especially noticed it in the lower part of my field of vision. It was harder to see things in the dark, too. My vision was a little off this morning, but is now back to normal. (I stopped taking the ivermectin Thursday evening--I ran out.) I've seen comments online from people who had the same side effect, but nobody said they had to see a doctor or that the side effect was permanent or got worse.

I slept very sound. I usually wake up a few times in the night and go right back to sleep, but I slept all night a couple of times. I didn't wake up groggy, either. 

Yesterday I tried to buy more ivermectin at Tractor Supply, but they were sold out. I ordered more. 

I'll repeat my disclaimer: I'm not a medical professional. I am a former engineer and pretty good at math. Contrary to popular belief, engineering students don't spend their days learning appliance repair. If you're familiar with Dr. Richard Bernstein, who's also a former engineer, his book Diabetes Solution contains the sort of calculations engineering students do daily. If you're unable to do such calculations, I don't recommend trying to figure out a dose of horse ivermectin for yourself. Nor would I recommend getting a horse dewormer with other medications in it. As a former employer used to say, "When in doubt, don't."

Comments

Jan said…
Thanks so much for the diary of Iver during your cold. Always appreciate first-hand reports in our current world of mass hypnosis by MSM. We Undoctored have to hang in there! Do you know if FLCCC is best source for dosing info on animal sources? Thanks!
Lori Miller said…
Jan, I calculated my own dose. I'm not familiar with the FLCCC site, but I'd be surprised if they have recommendations for human consumption of veterinary products.

I've found something that worked even better this week...remember Dr. Davis's remarks about microbes beating pharmaceuticals in trials? I'll post about it later.

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...