Skip to main content

Dr. William Davis in Denver. Pictures!

Dr. Davis, author of Wheat Belly, gave a lecture in Denver tonight. His message was familiar to regular readers of his blog and books: it's not just gluten and it's not just celiac disease--there are many components of wheat that damage human health from every angle, from mental health to dental health and heart disease to autoimmune illness. He took some questions from the audience, but first, let's look at the charge that some have made that Dr. Davis is overweight:

Dr. William Davis at the University of Denver, August 19, 2013.
He looks trim to me.
Some questions from the audience, and Dr. Davis's answers, paraphrased:

Q: How does wheat elimination help heart disease?
A: What drives plaque is small LDL, and what drives small LDL is grain and sugar.
Q: What about being vegetarian?
A: Maximize what's left. (Dr. Davis recounted his own vegetarian experience after hearing Dr. Dean Ornish, and recalled that he ended up diabetic.)
Q: Why are so many doctors not getting the message about wheat elimination?
A: Some doctors are catching on, but basically, there's no money in good health. Sick care is where the profit's at.
Q: Are you still practicing cardiology?
A: Yes, but Dr. Davis has cut way back to focus on writing and lecturing.
Q: Is it OK for kids to go wheat-free?
A: Yes, as long as your kids are Homo sapiens and not ruminants.

Dr. Davis said he's working on two more books: 30-minute recipes and Wheat Belly Perfect Health for those really tough cases (like mine) that need more than wheat elimination. He hinted at problems with dairy protein (which I have), so I'm looking forward the second book.

Comments

tess said…
ah, when i heard he was speaking in Denver, i wondered if you'd see him! :-) thanks for the report!
Lori Miller said…
He's very good at getting his message across in front of an audience. He also said that saturated fat was good. Praise the lard!
Hi Lori

So great to see this on your blog. Loved the questions and answers. Keep spreading the good word cut out those carbs they are not doing any of us any good, and eat butter !!!!!.

All the best Jan
Lori Miller said…
Yes--Dr. Davis gave the same eating advice.

Popular posts from this blog

Carrageenan: A Sickening Thickener. Is it a Migraine Menace?

Let me tell you about my ride in an ambulance last night. I woke up at six o'clock from a nap with a mild headache. I ate dinner and took my vitamins, along with a couple of extra magnesium pills. Since magnesium helps my TMJ flare-ups, I thought it might help my headache. Then I went to see my mother. A few hours later, I had a severe headache, sinus pain and nausea. During a brief respite from the pain, I left for home, but less than a mile later, I got out of my car and threw up. A cop, Officer Fisher, pulled up behind me and asked if I was okay. He believed me when he said I hadn't been drinking, but he said I seemed lethargic and he wanted the paramedics to see me. (Later he mentioned that a man he'd recently stopped was having a stroke.) Thinking I had a migraine headache, the paramedics wanted to take me to the hospital. But since I knew that doctors don't know what causes migraine headaches, and I didn't know what effect their medicine would have on m...

Blog Lineup Change

Bye-bye, Fathead. I've enjoyed the blog, but can't endorse the high-fat, high-carb Perfect Health Diet that somehow makes so much sense to some otherwise bright people. An astrophysicist makes some rookie mistakes on a LC diet, misdiagnoses them, makes up "glucose deficiency," and creates a diet that's been shown in intervention studies to increase small LDL, which can lead to heart disease. A computer programmer believes in the diet and doesn't seem eager to refute it because, perhaps, scientists are freakin' liars and while he's good at spotting logical inconsistencies, lacks some intermediate knowledge of human biology. To Tom's credit, he says it's not the right diet for everyone, but given the truckload of food that has to be prepared and eaten, impracticality of following it while traveling (or even not traveling), and unsuitability for FODMAPs sufferers, diabetics and anyone prone to heart disease (i.e., much of the population), I'm...

Why I've stopped eating fermented foods

I'm finally getting answers about weird health problems that have kept coming and going over the years for no reason I could ever explain: pounding heart, bloating, insomnia, heat intolerance, intolerance of high-fat meals, and getting winded easily even though I'm physically fit. These health problems all came roaring in at once this spring when I did a huge landscape project, pushing through it even while I had a cold. The yard looks fabulous, but I ended up with A three-week cold Post-viral syndrome for another few weeks An ongoing cough  Insomnia (tired but wired late at night) A puffy face, especially in the morning and after eating foods I’d previously tolerated (including SIBO yogurt) 6 pound weight gain TATT (tired all the time) Being easily winded Having a hard time cooling off Being sensitive to sunlight Grok (X’s AI feature) said this could be mast cell activation syndrome (MCAS). Mast cells are immune system cells that put out pathogen-fighting and other substances ...