Monday, April 29, 2013

My Braces are Off

Hurray! The construction work in my mouth is almost finished. It's been nine months since the bike accident that broke a tooth and knocked two others out of place. Next week, I get a crown and a new retainer, and my insurance is actually going to pay for a little bit of it. My orthodontist gave me a celebratory candied apple, which I gave to the receptionist where I work.

In other news, I'm smarter than a Supreme Court Justice. Judge Stephen Breyer just fractured his shoulder in his third serious bike accident. I packed it in after my first serious accident.

http://www.washingtonpost.com/local/supreme-court-justice-stephen-breyer-hurts-shoulder-in-biking-accident-in-dc/2013/04/27/f9fafde8-af6d-11e2-a986-eec837b1888b_story.html

8 comments:

tess said...

Hurrah - a milestone! :-)

Lori Miller said...

Thanks!

Exceptionally Brash said...

Oh, sometimes I don't know why we push exercise to much for health. If we really crunched the numbers, we would probably find a higher mortality rate, or at least higher medical costs over plain sloth.
I am glad you are getting back to normal.

Lori Miller said...

Thanks! Indeed, where's the uproar over the medical costs of recreation?

Aura Minaya said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.
Lori Miller said...

Insurance will pay for part of my crown. I had to pay full freight for my braces.

Lowcarb team member said...

You must be pleased your braces are finally off. These things do tend to take time and can't be rushed. Onwards and upwards and perhaps a small celebration!
Take care
All the best Jan

Lori Miller said...

Thanks, Jan. They also got the cement from the sidewalk out of my teeth, and putting in my retainer hurts a little less every time I do it. Yay!